Starmony is a Stockholm based start-up, active in the creation part of the music industry. With our groundbreaking solution, we will disrupt music creation, making it accessible to anyone, anywhere.
We are looking for people who can stay focused even when outside distractions are blasting. You may have a passion for music in some way, and even though you are a team player, you know how and when to dig in and grind on your own. Starmony strives to have a diversified culture where we build strength through a solid chain of trust, tolerance, skills, passion, love, and laughter.
The tech teams at Starmony build the next generation platform for music artists and producers. We are building mobile apps, web apps, backend services and back-office tooling for the music creation platform. As a member of the tech team at Starmony, you are responsible for coming up with ideas, building features and driving them all the way to production implementation.
Buzzwords: Android, Java, Kotlin, Audio processing, Google Play Store, Azure, Azure DevOps
Experience level: High-level
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Android app developer with knowledge in Java/Kotlin and a good understanding of different design patterns that help in writing high-quality, clean and testable code.
As Senior Android Developer, you will be an important part of the tech team as you will start the Android development for the Starmony app. You will be taking part in the development cycle, from idea to implementation, automated testing, release and support, as well as continuously improving the look and feel of the product.
You will be responsible for making important technical decisions regarding architecture and design when building the product.
You will work closely with the Product Manager and other colleagues working with the native iOS app, backend, data analysis and web development.
Required skills and qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience in software development
- At least 3 years of experience in Java/Kotlin development
- Deep knowledge of Android app architecture
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related discipline
- Familiar with automated testing
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Understanding of audio signal processing concepts such as audio buffers, sampling, etc.
- Understanding of audio concepts such as equalizer, compressor, reverb, etc.
- Understanding of music theory concepts (e.g. Key, Scales, Chords and Harmonies)
- Experience in C/C++ development
- Experience in iOS development
We’re looking forward to your application! And, we hope to get someone on board as soon as possible, so apply today!